Devils Lake Lavender

When I bring home a souvenir from a trip, I want it to be lasting. It’s often art, or my photos that we later print, frame, and hang. This summer, we visited two lavender farms while in the Wisconsin Dells and ended up coming home with a SUV packed with five, seven gallon, live lavender bushes. The idea was to start a lavender hedge outside of our colonial style house. I love my husband so much. He didn’t even blink when I laid out the idea/request. He was into it, picking up what I was putting down. And almost immediately I could see him mentally processing the logistics of suitcase Tetris that would need to take place in order to make this happen. Devil’s Lake Lavender Farm was our last stop before we headed home from vacation. They hosted a two hour class where we learned everything one needs to know about the lavender plant. Rebecca and Joann were so much fun to hang out with and learn from. Two months later, the five big plants are alive and well. They look so pretty in our side yard. Chris has done such a great job making sure they stay healthy and return next year. Is there anything this man can’t do?









Comments